Friday, October 21, 2011

TOKYO.

Oh boy..
It's been waay longer than a month since returning from Japan... ><; So much has happened since starting college, and I'm excited to start some daily blogging, but... I promised some trip updates, and YOU ARE GONNA GET THEM. (LOL.)

(Shinjuku,) Tokyo.


We arrived at Narita airport at around six in the afternoon. At the exact moment the plane touched down; I cramped up hardcore. The entire trip to the hotel was nothing short of a challenge... and of course, it started raining. (I felt so bad for our taxi driver that day... I completely pulled a Miranda Priestly on the poor guy. TT) 


The next day, I woke up feeling HORRIBLE. The heat kept me up for HOURS, and I didn't take the pain-killer on time. And, this had to be―in fact―the day I was supposed to attend the highlight of my whole trip... Open house at テンプル大学. (Or, simply, the school of my dreams.) Needless to say - I got to sleep in that day... 
U ____U;   Hopefully, Temple will give me another shot next summer. ><;

ww歌舞伎町…。
Kabukichō was literally 1/2 blocks from our hotel... And, Yes. This is the infamous Japanese red-light district, but give me a chance to explain!! Q ________Q;
Like I've said before; my trip was during the hottest weather Japan's had in... 140 years. >< And after 2-3 days of moping about it―we realized that more people came out at night. (It really was considerably cooler at night!) So we went and followed the crowd, and the lights, down the block... into perverts' paradise. TT

Being a small-town girl―sick in such a big city―was definitely one of the things that made Tokyo so stressful for me. But - playing the translator/tour-guide, wasn't so fun either... In fac―NEVER AGAIN. ><;
First few days in Japan; I didn't want to take any risks... and I definitely didn't want to get lost in Tokyo! (Which, actually, did happen! Don't walk from Shinjuku to Shibuya. It's not worth it...) But, I don't regret a thing. Every single embarrassing moment I had helped me so much in the end... and now, thinking back, I no longer think of them as "embarrassing" anymore. They are happy memories that I cherish.
..♥ (..especially negotiating with the Shibuya police station... LOL. They thought I was fluent, and so they didn't write down the directions for me. LAZYS.)

No. Just,.. No.
 Anyways... Tokyo was not for me. 
The thing I probably hated the most was waking up at 5-6am, and seeing the legions of business men... all holding black parasols, and heaving out the most depressing sighs of complete and utter anguish I've ever heard... in my life.

next―Kobe city.
-full album link coming soon!!
did anyone notice the formspring/twitter/ameba links in the sidebar..? //optimism ♥

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you definitely had an interesting trip!
    Can't wait to hear about how Kobe was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @りんちゃん;; Thanks for always being so patient with me and this blog.. TT; (Life just got interesting, so I think I can manage to be more active again. ♥) c;

    ReplyDelete
  3. next time,u should visit Nagoya city♥ I will guide you@・ω・@

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Marina-chan;; omfg. You know my blog?! Haha, next summer―I want/will to go to Nagoya!! ♥

    BUT, this monday is MOVIE NIGHT. (You down for a movie downtown after classes?)
    Sorry I haven't been messaging you very much!! I've been so sick last week, but I owe you BIG TIME. We'll hang out all this week!! ♥ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cool. Although if you can't manage to update much, that's fine too. I can relate, seeing as I should update my J-Lit blog more (not that many people read it or anything, but it's fun to review stuff)! Though it's harder to read books when things get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green line from Shinjuku to Harajuku~~

    Shinjuku station=impossible. I got lost in there. And then later around the Shinjuku station. Getting lost the first time though helped me get un-lost the second time!
    WORTH IT <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Heather;; LOL. I think we actually had to take a Shibuya station train to a small Shinjuku local station... and it wasn't too bad. But Tokyo lines are just messed up, in my opinion. IMPOSSIBLE.

    ReplyDelete