This will be the very last post of HOUR HOUR...
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 was the day I first started blogging.
I made so many connections and friends here, and I had a really, genuinely fun time. I was able to inspire people, and I was able to be inspired countless amounts of time. But for several reasons, I lost connection with this blog...:
- I feel as though this became a Japanese language (learning) blog, rather than the personal blog that I originally wanted to write for myself.
- I was betrayed by my best friends, and on April 10, 2012―I finally left them. A huge chuck of this blog still contains memories of them that I'd much rather forget completely.
- I did a little soul-searching during the Summer of 2012. And in a 4-5 month time frame, I matured and grew a lot as a person. I changed, and now―I need to make a lot more changes.
- Happy Hour's layout is a default layout. The URL hasn't been bought, and I have never used my real name throughout this blog. I feel like this blog has never truly reflected ME. And when people started referring to me as the "Happy Hour" girl, I felt as though they were talking about someone else. I'm generally a positive/optimistic person, but my experiences in Japan won't always be so upbeat and joyful. I need a blog with the freedom to write about the good, and the not so good. I still want to inspire people to learn Japanese, and follow their dreams. But, in order to do so, my readers need to know both the pros and the cons of living life in Japan.
This is really sad for me.
Almost two years now, and Happy Hour has been able to generate 6,638 views. (My first full year of blogging was a ghost town period; with literally no page views. And so 6,638 page views is extremely good in my mind!) Surprisingly so; it seems I still get at least 25-30 page views per day. And considering that my last post was posted over four months ago (on April 10, 2012) those are surprisingly good ratings. I don't quite understand it, but I like to think that there are still people out there waiting for me to write again. And if that's true, I have exciting news for you! I also need your feedback now, more than ever. ♥
I started a new blog!
The Little 外人
The Little Gaijin blog layout was actually a gift from my friend Hana! ♥ (Please check out this gorgeous, talented girl's blog!)
My new blog is a huge improvement in my new life, and is becoming extremely sentimental thanks to Hana. ♥ I'm finally starting to use my real name―despite always hating it in the past. My name finally has a story behind it now, and I'm excited to share that story with you all very soon.
Lastly!! During the time I first started "The Little Gaijin" blog, I received news that I would be able to transfer to my dream college (Temple University) from my parents. Of course, it wasn't very finalized in that "YOU ARE GOING, FOR SURE" way... until last Monday. ♥
The next chapter of my life...
TOKYO | 2013
You'll see this Little Gaijin in Tokyo next year.
Hey, readers! I need your help, one last time.
I need (an extreme amount of) feedback!
Please help me by answering the questions below, and submitting your answers to
this post's comment section, or directly to littlegaijin [@] hotmail.com
- What was something that you liked about "HAPPY HOUR", that you would like to see again in "The Little Gaijin" blog?
- What is something new that you would like to see in "The Little Gaijin" blog?