Tuesday, April 10, 2012

サクラCON!

I had a great time in Seattle this weekend! ♥ Got to meet up with May, and scout out other bloggers. Made some connections with TUJ and JET, went to my very first Japanese concert, went dancing at a rave, went shopping and bought some art, and experienced dorm living for the first time! It was so much fun, but I STILL feel extremely tired... I need another weekend to relax and chill out!! :(
I'm not really an otaku type, but I definitely used to be! And, I know that it's no surprise to anyone that the reasons I got into Japanese in the first place―waaay back in 2005―were purely anime-related. And my parents sealed the deal and got me into classes after seeing the business aspect of the language; after all, we lived on Oahu. Although my huge, lovable family of Filipinos have just now taken the spot as Hawai'i's largest ethnic group;... when I lived there―the Japanese advertized their "number 1" status proudly. And if you spoke Japanese, any job on the island could be yours!!
Original image here: colourblindxx@deviantart.
 Forcedwent to a 分島花音 concert... please try not to squeal too loudly. Q----Q;
Apparently she's very popular here? She's not bad....I don't know much.., please don't kill me. :(
Taken off of the SAKURA-CON website. A rave in the concert hall. ♥
So! It was definitely a blast from the past to go to an event like this! I gave into my otaku needs (think of it like a smoker needing nicotine every once in a while...haha), and scavenged the whole building for any merchandise from my favorite animes! FOUND ALMOST NOTHING. Why aren't Japan's more popular series popular in the US?? PEOPLE. YOU HAVE LESS THAN ZERO TASTE. >:(
 A random gift from May. ♥ Thanks, you sexy thang. Wink.
Well, most of the things in these pictures were free gifts from stalls, and a few hand outs... (all except my 君に届け poster!! ♥), but a day or so after arriving back home―I got this in the mail!
Yep. I've been getting into イナズマ・イレブン recently... Condemn me. I dare you. I just joined a local soccer league, and started obsessing over watching 宮市亮's soccer games on the tele (English League: Bolton). So I wondered what Japanese soccer animes were like.. and got hooked. Japanese, soccer-playing kids on steroids! Who could resist?? And the Italian, Fideo Aldena, is a hottie. ♥

Well, I had an amazing time!! UGH. Had so much fun! The most productive weekend I've had in a very long time... didn't even have a minute alone to sit down! I might even go again next year, which is HUGE, coming from me..!  I might edit or elaborate later; but I can't even begin to explain how brilliant everything truly was! (Plus, I know one or two wonderful ladies that did a much better job covering the days than THIS crappy excuse for a blog post..!) Hope to do more composed posts real soon!
Don't be alarmed! Just my creepster daddy. Plus, the doors were locked!!
 ♥  Hana's version: day one, day two, day three.
 ♥  May's version: n/a. Coming soon??!

Hope you enjoyed! Let me know in the comments below if you were there as well, or how your weekend was! ♥ Aya.

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean you were forced???! Haha, just kidding, you had no choice. Glad you had fun (at least somewhat) and it was great seeing you again. I hope this inspires you to do more things like this in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Nah, the concert was a blasty-blast. ♥ Was a bit hesitant going in though... And I had TONS of fun!! Not somewhat! MIGHT even go again sometime, but not sure :)
      Got your mail in the box yesterday!! ♥ You are the SWEETEST for copying all our work-in-Japan notes onto a new paper... including my Japanese notes and drawings!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!! *tearing up*. ♥ Hope to be able to link your EXTREMELY LATE weekend post sometime soon... you goof. Skype soon! Wink.

      Delete
  2. Hey, 久しぶり!
    I've been way too busy with classes, and now my summer internship to have much free time.

    The con looks fun! I've never gone to an anime con myself, but think it would be fun to go one day. I wonder if there are interesting things for non-dub fans, and non-mainstream series fans (e.g more Chihayafuru and less Naruto) at cons...

    分島花音...I only know her music because she did a really creepy ending song for a series called Vampire Knight (which I only watched to make fun of, but I liked the song) called "Still Doll".

    You're in college now? Congrats! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun. ^^

    ReplyDelete