Monday, February 13, 2012

It's V-Day again!

"post more!! (try for once a week; at least?) ><;"
Wow. Can you believe that I wrote that as my #1 resolution for 2012?
・・・最悪なぁ。 あたしが
  もうぅー!今年もいつものように彼氏がいない~ぃねっ
It's been about a month since my last post... but, BELIEVE ME―I've been pulling hairs in an attempt to hack up some kind of inspirational blog post of some kind. I'm still working on it, but I've learned my lesson! More than one post can be worked on simultaneously. And so, I don't know when this inspirational rant thing will be out, but I'll keep trying to post something on my blog each week. Fingers crossed. :)
バレンタインデー♥。

It's that time of the year again, and for the second year in a row―I made a batch of chocolates, and blogged about it like a boss. This year, I lost my tolerance for chocolate after-taste, so I decided to use white chocolates... completely neglecting the fact that I am NOT making these chocolates for myself. The toppings and fillings that I used weren't ingredients you'd usually want to mix white chocolates with, but... well, they looked pretty. ><;
(NOTE. ALL the chocolate photos were taken by my dad's snazzy iPhone camera thing. My camera would pull a nuclear before taking a picture that good...... Thanks daddy.)
Well, it was fun to work with white chocolates this year. :) NOT SO MUCH NOTICEABLE MESS. I definitely prefer it over the dark and milk chocolates I made last year... ><;

This year; I ended up making 友チョコ and 義理チョコ... for a few friends, and my college Japanese-linguist classmates. ♥ :)
本命チョコ (honmei-choko); chocolates as confessions, or given to husbands/boyfriends. Loved ones.
チョコ (tomo-choko); chocolates given to close friends. :)
義理チョコ/ちょ~義理チョコ (giri-choko/chō-giri choko); "obligation chocolates"
Chocolates given to bosses, coworkers,.. haha, well, you get it. ;) 
***don't get 本命チョコ confused with "homemade" chocolates! Sounds similar (katakana-wise) but a common mistake... in fact, just read my V-Day post from 2011... **dies in shame**. D:

Along the lines of Valentines Day traditions; I have one more. ♥ 
Since I was a kiddie, my mum would write me a letter and fill my lunch-bag with a few chocolates. When I got home from school, she'd have a few goodies laid out for no reason. Bracelets, teddy-bears, lotions, etcetc. This year, she got me some pretty awesome gifts. (Oh yeah... Valentines Day is actually tomorrow. That's how sweet my mom is. ♥)

ADORABLE 原宿 brand perfume; Gwen Stafani. (w/collectible top.)
I can ALMOST forgive Gwen for linking Japanese culture to Harajuku street...

 New Penguin's Parallel Text; in Japanese Short-Stories.
+ completely life-relevant; Confucius laminated bookmark that I looove.
 (I kid you not; I've been looking for this book for an extremely long time. ><;)
 Lastly, a cute top by Allen Schwartz' "Allen B" line.

My mom is the coolest. Hands down. ♥ And so, tomorrow, for Valentines―THIS KID is gonna dress up all snazzy, spray herself with Harajuku fluids, and study a book. Yay for singles!! </3

  ***So, how did you celebrate your V-Day?? :)
Answer below in comments!! (Looking forward to read!)

2 comments:

  1. OMG that chocolate looks so good! Y don't u like dark chocolates??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank you!! ♥ Dark chocolates taste too strong, and a little sour... and I prefer white chocolates. ;)

      Delete